Wednesday, April 6, 2011

IKEA

Oh IKEA let me count the ways I love you!

Honestly, I love IKEA. We do not have one in Indiana and the closest store is in Cinci so it is kind of an all day trip.

Alright, let's review: I have a room in California now I need to fill it. I grabbed my parents and we go to South Coast Plaza.

I walk in and am overwhelmed. Suddenly I am Zooey Deschanel (my favorite actress) in 500 Days of Summer... sadly, I am missing Joesph Gordon-Levitt.

See clip below to know how I felt:


"Honey I don't want to alarm you but there is a Chinese family in our bathroom"

So cute and clever, that movie :)

Back to IKEA... I was set on a bed because I am in love with Ashley Goehler's bed so I decided to steal it. A nicer way of looking at it is that we have twin beds (but they are actually a full and a queen... you do the math).

Once I had the bed I decided on the matching six door-dresser and TV stand. Plus, the matching bed side table. Now for the fun part, assembling it.

Side note: DO NOT GO TO IKEA ON A SATURDAY!!!!!

If you have never been to IKEA. The idea is to have cheap furniture mass produced from Sweden and the customer assembles it at home. They have everything from furniture to mattresses to bedding to kitchen appliances to decoration to rugs.. seriously! The one on South Coast Plaza even has TWO food courts and a daycare center (P.S. Fro-yo only one dollar).

We opted for the home delivery because my little Civic could not carry everything. The only problem with this is the delivery time is not specific so you end up waiting in 4 hour time periods. It was worth it though!

Once the delivery arrived it was building time. We were able to get everything completed in two days. This was necessary because mom and dad were flying home soon and I had to start work. I actually enjoyed building everything. It made me feel accomplished.

This is what my room looks like all said and done. However, I did end up buying a floor to ceiling bookcase for my shoes.







Oh heck, let's enjoy another super adorable clip of Zooey and Joesph:

0 comments:

Post a Comment