Sunday, April 10, 2011

A week of firsts

First day of work - yahoo!

To quote Billy Madison, "Back to school. Back to school, to prove to Dad that I'm not a fool. I got my lunch packed up, my boots tied tight, I hope I don't get in a fight. Ohhhh, back to school. Back to school. Back to school. Well, here goes nothing."

It really did feel like my first day of school because my mom dropped me off and picked me up. They took the car for the day and spent it leisurely on the beach. See below - tough life.

I know all of you AT girls are wondering what I wore. Army green wrap dress, gray cardigan, pearl earrings (duh), and neutral flats (ALL Ann Taylor).

Speaking from the future: I cannot tell you how much I love my job! I love all of the people and the environment. Not to mention my team is OUTSTANDING! Am I raving enough? :)

Another first - First night out!
Did not make it. I was so tired from work and the time change I ended up falling asleep in my going out clothes. Smooth move, right? On the upside, Sunday my roommate, Sherry, and I took the boat out. It was such a relaxing way to spend my first weekend in SoCal.

Another first - grocery shopping.
Wow who knew it was so hard?! I mean there are a million different types of the same thing. I never know what to get. I made a list but as you shop you get really hungry. To help me on my first journey I called Michelle, one of my best friends from grade school. She listened to me whine and groan, complain about people and their carts, and ask how you cook everything. Needless to say I am sure it was quite entertaining. I promised myself (and Michelle) that I will try to cook. After living at home, then living in the dorm, then living in the sorority house I have always had my meal cooked for me (and trust me I never took it for granted). I have never had to really dig in a recipe and cook for myself. Here goes nothing... stay tuned.

0 comments:

Post a Comment